The Department of Visual and Performing Arts at St. Gregory’s University fosters intellectual inquiry and nurtures creativity in the context of a Catholic, liberal arts education. We recognize that the artistic vocation and its life-long commitment to learning are crucial elements of a successful community.
Our programs are rooted in the tradition of welcoming and bringing together different disciplines, peoples and ways of celebrating the human experience. Our curriculum provides students with practical creative opportunities and theoretical concepts they will apply in the broader world, leading to a vibrant and responsible society.
Whether you choose to major in Dance, Theatre or Visual Arts, all classes are taught by trained professional artists and visiting artists with many years of experience creating their own artwork. We feature a hands-on curriculum with a high degree of student-faculty interaction that provides students with a unique educational opportunity at a university recognized for its scholarly and creative excellence.
- St. Gregory's 2013-14 Performing Arts Season Schedule
- Sarkeys Performing Arts Center - for information about current productions and to purchase tickets online
- Visual Arts Student, Faculty and Alumni Galleries
- Theatre Performance Galleries
- Dance Performance Galleries
Explore our Visual and Performing arts majors
- Dr. Jessica Van Oort, Assistant Professor/Department Chair
- Sheryl Cozad, MFA, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Madeline Rugh, Assistant Professor