Both of my parents are deceased. Am I still considered a dependent student?

No, if both parents are deceased and you are under the care of a guardian (not including adoptive parents) or ward of the court (foster care up to adulthood and/or with a court appointed guardian), you are entitled to receive financial aid as an independent student.
In addition to any grants for which you may be eligible, you will qualify for the same loan limits as independent students. To accomplish a dependency override, please contact financial aid services with any documentation of your status that you may be able to provide. You may also consult The American Orphan Association, Inc., a non-profit organization that offers scholarships for orphans. The Veterans Administration offers education benefits to children of deceased or disabled veterans (VA Benefits). You may also be eligible for benefits from your state or local government.