The need for effective communication skills is great in today’s competitive market. The Communication Studies curriculum is designed to develop the student both academically and professionally. Students will acquire oral and written communication skills that enhance their career goals and also prepare them for advanced degrees. The Communication curriculum focuses on the in-depth study of human communication, strengthens other majors and enhances the general education offerings of the university.
Public relations, writer, reporter, teacher, manager
• Fundamentals of Speech Communication
• Organizational Communication
• Organizational Crisis Communication
• Marketing Communication
• Principles of Persuasion
• Health Communication
• Mass Communication
• Small Group Communication
• Intercultural Communication
• Interpersonal Communication
• Political Communication
• Communication and Social Change
• Principles of Interviewing
Case Studies, group projects, research projects, guest lectures by business leaders and communication specialists.
To provide you with the opportunities to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to be an effective communicator in multiple venues.