Early Childhood Education
St. Gregory’s Department of Education offers excellent preparation for those who desire to teach Pre-K to 2nd Grade. The Early Childhood Degree is offered through the College of Continuing Studies in an accelerated format in the evenings, allowing you to continue working during the day. Our accredited program leads to a bachelor’s degree and initial licensure in Early Childhood Education.
In addition to coursework, Early Childhood majors will gain hands on experience in actual classrooms, culminating with actual student teaching. Student teachers are placed in public and private schools in a district within the Shawnee, Oklahoma City and Tulsa regions. Mentored by a faculty supervisor and a cooperating teacher, the student teacher will apply the knowledge gained through coursework and field experiences to actual teaching.
Early Childhood Teacher (PreK-2) - Public, Private, or Parochial School; Lead Teacher or Manager- Day Care Center, Headstart Center; Director- Camp
- Psychology of Students with Exceptionalities
- Catholic Perspectives in Education
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Foundations of Teaching
- Early Childhood Reading Assessment and Instruction
- Theory to Practice in Early Childhood
- Methods of Integrating Fine Arts in Early Childhood Education
- Adult friendly, meant to allow students to maintain a work and/or family life while pursuing an advanced education
- Classes are offered in an eight week format
- Flexible scheduling allows students to work at their own pace by taking one to two courses at a time
- We provide Prior Learning Assessments to all students and recognize Military benefits
Our degree program is thoughtfully designed to meet the needs of busy working professionals. Whether you're currently employed, changing careers or thinking about re-entering the workforce, our program makes it possible to earn your college degree conveniently and in an accelerated format.
St. Gregory's University is staffed with dedicated people who are committed to providing a quality, affordable education and helping you turn your dreams into reality.
FOR MORE INFORMATION about earning a Bachelor's in Social Science with a Major in Early Childhood Education, complete the information form below or call us at 1-844-BE EXTRA.