Arts & Science FAQs

Can I get financial aid each year?

Yes! Your financial aid is renewable each year you attend St. Gregory’s University as long as you renew your FAFSA annually and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

Are international students eligible for work study?

No, international student cannot participate in work study, but there are other campus employment opportunities for all students.

How do I know I'll be able to afford to repay my student loans in the career I have chosen?

You can never be sure of the future, but you can prepare now for the likelihood that the field of employment you are seeking will or will not be adequate to support you during your repayment term. It is never too early to plan your career and then pursue your education within a reasonable budget.

I am a US Veteran. How do I apply for benefits?

Your first step is to provide your application and appropriate documentation to the Registrar’s Office at least 8 - 12 weeks prior to your semester starting date to ensure timely processing to be certified. GI Bill checks are sent directly to the student, not the university, so if you are paying your tuition from the proceeds of your benefits, you may opt to set up a payment plan with the Business Office. For more information, consult our VA Benefits page.

Both of my parents are deceased. Am I still considered a dependent student?

No, if both parents are deceased and you are under the care of a guardian (not including adoptive parents) or ward of the court (foster care up to adulthood and/or with a court appointed guardian), you are entitled to receive financial aid as an independent student.

My Student Aid Report states that I have been selected for verification. What is verification?

The U.S. Department of Education (DOE) requires certain student applicants to verify the accuracy of information provided when applying for federal aid. To complete the process, you will be asked to submit a Federal Verification Worksheet for either a dependent or independent student, whichever applies to you, with a signed copy of your tax return (and that of your parent(s), if dependent). For more information on the process, please refer to our verification policy.

What kind of aid is available to students?

There are three types of federal funding:

What is the FAFSA?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which can be found by going to, determines eligibility for all federal financial aid programs including grants and education related loans. The FAFSA process determines how much a family can afford to contribute toward the student's college education based on household income and other factors. The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is subtracted from the Cost of Attendance (COA) budget to determine unmet need.