Department: Mabee Aerobics Center (MAC)
Reports to: Lifeguard & Water Fitness Coordinator & MAC Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position is responsible for providing safety to swimmers and patrons of the swimming pool.
Essential Job Functions
• Required to update and keep current on all certifications, CPR/First Aid Certification, along with Lifeguard Certification. Lifeguard Certification is good for 3 years, and CPR/First Aid must be renewed annually.
• Required to go through training on all duties, chemical safety, policy and procedures.
• Responsible for attending all meetings.
• Responsible for keeping the pool area clean, straight, organized, swept and maintained at all times. Lifeguards are responsible for leaving the pool area clean at the end of the shift.
• Lifeguards must make sure all rules, procedures and guidelines are followed by all guests and members visiting the pool.
• Responsible for opening and closing the pool, if you are working that shift.
• Shifts will vary.
• Other duties as assigned
• Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR
Physical/Mental Demands Required
Must be able to perform all responsibilities including lifting, pulling, carrying, etc up to 100 lbs for water rescue if needed. Must be able to remain alert and aware in loud situations. Must be able to see clearly and respond quickly in emergency situations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Interested candidates should complete the application for employment, cover letter and resume to email@example.com.