Department: Business Office
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Under general supervision this position is responsible for providing support services to the operational management, business systems and accounting functions and personnel in the Business Office.
- Primary responsibility for cashier’s window
- Provide service to students, faculty & staff in receiving payments, cashing checks, providing change and printing statements as requested
- Counting or balancing of cash drawer and safe daily
- Upkeep of student files as requested
- Maintain cash requisitions; balance & send e-mail reminders to staff/faculty to turn in receipts
- Assistance during enrollment times
- General filing, copying and clerical work
- Other duties as assigned
Associate’s degree in addition to cashiering experience preferred. Campus Vue experience desired.
Physical/Mental Demands Required:
Primarily sedentary work requiring the ability to lift/carry a maximum of 25 pounds; physical requirements include frequent bending, standing, walking; continuous ability for speech communication and hearing in order to communicate with employees and the public, vision for reading, recording and interpreting information, and ability to sit for long hours at a time. Mental demands require continuous ability for both oral and written communication; frequent problem solving and concentration; and occasional analytical ability and creativity. Frequent hand/eye coordination to operate personal computer and office equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Last Revised: 10/28/2013