Customer Service Attendant
Department: Mabee Aerobic Center (MAC)
Reports to: MAC Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position is responsible for the front desk daily operation and to provide customer service.
There will be 2 part- time positions:
1) One position will work during weekday mornings. The weekday shift can be relatively flexible, that position works: Monday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., and Friday: 9 a.m. – Noon
2) The other position will primarily work weekends. The weekend shifts are set at Saturday: 8:45 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday: 1:45 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Essential Job Functions:
- Some weekends and nights.
- Must have a professional appearance and positive attitude at all times. Uniforms are required. First shirt is provided, each additional shirt is $15 each. Dark khakis and white athletic shoes are the responsibility of the employee.
- Provide the utmost customer service and hospitality to all members, guests, faculty and staff.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the MAC membership application and processes, facility and pool party agreements, rules and policies for all employees, members and guests of the MAC.
- Thorough knowledge of the financial operation of the cash register, cash outs, credit card machine and daily deposits.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all MAC daily operations.
- Responsible for opening and closing the facility if your work schedule is during this time.
- Other required duties of the front desk specialist, facility walk through (both weight rooms, all dressing rooms, pool, track, etc.), MAC and member laundry, filing, copies, stocking of snacks/vending, inventory, cleanliness and organization of the front desk and/or facility.
- Attending all required meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- First Aid/CPR Certified
Physical/Mental Demands Required:
Primarily physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; hand/eye coordination to operate personal computer and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and the public.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Last Revised: 05/24/12