Director of Nursing
Department: Science Department
Reports to: Academic Dean
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Currently registered nurse (RN).
- Graduate degree in nursing. PhD preferred. PhD candidate will be considered.
- Academic and experientially qualified to develop and accomplish the mission and goals expected for student and faculty outcomes expected of a CCNE accredited nursing program.
- Demonstrates the capacity for building an undergraduate nursing program, a masters of Nursing program for sites in Oklahoma and on line.
- Has the commitment to support the Catholic and Benedictine mission of St. Gregory’s University.
- Ability to build a culture of research to support student and faculty research.
- Ability of manage faculty, students, and colleagues in a competitive, rigorous program.
- Ability to secure state of Oklahoma approvals as required and CCNE accreditation upon completion of the first graduating class.
- Has the ability to work with the Oklahoma health care community as well as be active in national nursing education after the program is established.
12 Month Appointment
Tenure track appointment in the Science Department
Teach 9 credits during the first year
Registered RN License and a Graduate degree in Nursing, preferably PH.D. 5+ years’ experience in nursing or developing nursing programs. Must have 1 year of experience teaching in a Nursing program.
Physical/Mental Demands Required
Primarily sedentary work requiring the ability to lift/carry a maximum of 25 pounds; physical requirements include frequent bending, standing, walking; continuous ability for speech communication and hearing in order to communicate with employees and the public, vision for reading, recording and interpreting information, and ability to sit for long hours at a time. Mental demands require continuous ability for both oral and written communication; frequent problem solving and concentration; and occasional analytical ability and creativity. Frequent hand/eye coordination to operate personal computer and office equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Last Revised: 6.3.13