Department: Physical Plant
Reports to: Director of Physical Plant
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Maintenance position is responsible for the physical condition of the facilities. This includes lighting, plumbing, HVAC, painting and repairs, along with other general work. They are to assure that the physical condition of the campus provides the proper atmosphere for learning for our students, as is inviting to everyone at all times.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintaining all public and private area lighting
• Light plumbing repairs including drains, toilets, sinks, water fountains
• Light HVAC repairs including filters, belts, motors, diffusers, and thermostats
• Light electrical work including replacing plugs and switches, ballasts, light fixtures and sockets
• General repairs to furniture, desks, doors and locks, walls, floors and carpets, weight equipment, and ceilings
• Painting as required to maintain a clean and presentable appearance
• Working with other team members to complete larger projects
• Maintaining a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with their supervisor, other staff and faculty, students, and visitors
• High school diploma or equivalent
• General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
• This position requires the availability of basic repair tools including but not limited to screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, electrical tools, electric meter, and cordless drill.
Physical/Mental Demands Required
This position requires the maintaining of a physical condition to perform the work as assigned. Responsibilities which may include the following: bending, twisting, crouching, or kneeling to perform daily duties; moving furniture, equipment, and heavy objects up to 74+ lbs; pushing or pulling objects weighing up to 100+ lbs; climbing stairs or ladders, working at heights; and operating of assigned equipment, tolerant of loud noises.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Last Revised: 05/24/12