Where can I get advice on loans and money management?

To learn how to manage your money and handle your college debt, visit the Department of Education's website at http://www.college.org/.

Useful information regarding financial literacy may be found at http://www.mymoney.gov/, a website maintained by the U.S. Financial Literacy and Education Commission, or http://www.youcandealwithit.com.

Where else can I find financial assistance for education?

Your high school guidance office, your local library, our financial aid website, local businesses and labor organizations, non-profit and for-profit organizations such as religious organizations and town clubs, and scholarship services on the internet can all be helpful resources. Here are some reputable web sites: http://federalstudentaid.ed.gov , www.collegeboard.com, www.fastweb.com.

How can I estimate my out-of-pocket cost to attend St. Gregory’s University?

Prospective students can estimate the cost of attending the university, minus institutional, federal, and state assistance, by using the SGU’s online Net Price Calculator (NPC). Students who have not completed a FAFSA will need student and parent tax information and student academic records. Students who have completed the FAFSA need only to provide the calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and academic records. The NPC will provide your estimated out of pocket expense based on the information provided.

What is the process for using aid to pay for my books and/or supplies?

If you are awarded more money than necessary for tuition and university fees, it can be used to help pay for books or supplies. You will need to check with the Business office to make sure that you have excess money to buy books, if you do then you will receive a voucher to pay for your books on the Virtual Bookstore online.

I have Oklahoma Promise Tuition Fund. Can I use it to pay my tuition at St. Gregory’s University?

New and returning students with Oklahoma Promise funds need to file a FAFSA in order to receive the funds. Please alert your FA counselor that you have OK Promise.

What if my financial circumstances change?

If your situation is unusual or financial circumstances have significantly changed from the previous tax year, you may submit a Special Circumstances form. If you have questions, contact Financial Aid Services, and we will help you through the process.

What if I have received financial aid and I have to withdraw from school during the term?

If you must withdraw before the end of the semester, the Financial Aid Services will conduct a Title IV return calculation, whereby the amount of aid you have not "earned" during your enrollment must be returned to the program(s) from which it disbursed in accordance with the university’s federally mandated return policy. This amount is jointly shared by the university and the student, and is based on your official withdrawal date or the date on which you last attended class.

Can I receive financial aid even though I am not a degree seeking student?

No, you are ineligible for financial aid as a non-degree student. However, you should contact Financial Aid Services to inquire about alternative loans to pay for the cost of tuition and fees.

Does institutional aid disburse for the summer term?

If you have not used your full year's allocation for student loan funding prior to the summer term, you will be able to apply the excess amount to your summer tuition and fees. Please contact the Financial Aid Services after you have registered for the summer term. Minimum half-time enrollment applies for Direct student loans.

Institutional money, including but not limited to scholarships and grant money, is allotted only for the fall and spring semester.

My grade point average does not meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Have I lost my financial aid for the academic year?

Financial Aid Services reviews SAP at the end of every semester. If you are deficient, you will be placed on warning for the following semester.